The German Primate Center GmbH (DPZ) - Leibniz Institute for Primate Research in Göttingen conducts basic research in primate biology, infectious diseases and neuroscience research. It maintains four field stations and is a competence and reference center for research on and with primates. The DPZ is one of the 95 research and infrastructure facilities of the Leibniz Association.
The Functional Imaging Unit (https://www.dpz.eu/en/unit/functional-imaging-laboratory/about-us.html) is offering a part time position (50%) for a
Medical-technical radiology assistant (MTRA), veterinary technician, anesthesia assistant or technical assistant of comparable qualification
with interest in animal studies and magnetic resonance imaging.
- You have successfully completed training as a medical-technical radiology assistant (MTRA), as a veterinary technician or anesthesia assistant, or you are in possession of a comparable qualification.
- You have experience in magnetic resonance imaging and/or in animal research
- You work reliably, independently and goal-oriented
- You have a good to very good command of the English language
- You are interested in flexible working hours according to your and to the experimental requirements
- Work experience is an advantage
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mostly independent MRI examinations on humans and animals
- Preparation, storage and monitoring of animals for and during MR examination
- Supervision of human volunteers during the entire MR examination procedure
- Documentation of experiments and measurement results, archiving and post-processing of data
- Organization, coordination, planning of experiments and study processes • Carrying out quality controls on the magnetic resonance tomographs
- Lending supporting for our international students in their experimental work
- Interesting and varied work in an international and interdisciplinary team in the research field of modern imaging
- Modern and well-equipped laboratories including 2 MR systems (3T Magnetom Pris-ma, Siemens and 9.4T Biopsec, Bruker)
- Friendly, collegial and appreciative working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours, no on-call duties
Employment at the DPZ is in accordance with that of public service. The salary classification is in accordance with state public servant salaries. Persons with disabilities will be given preferential treatment if they have the same qualifications.
Please send your written application by 31.08.2019 to the German Primate Center GmbH - Leibniz-Institute for Primate Research - Personalstelle - Kellnerweg 4 - 37077 Göttingen with the usual documents under the keyword "Functional Imaging" or via E-mail to bewerbung(at)dpz.eu.
Further information on the DPZ is available at http://www.dpz.eu/en or via telephone on 0551 / 3851-105. Should you have any questions regarding your future field of activity, please contact Ms. Kötz (0551 / 3851- 396, Head of MTRA).
More information on the Leibniz-Association can be found here: https://www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/en