01 - Retinal Processing I - Oct 24, 2016
Topics addressed in the lecture:
- Structure of eye and retina
- Processing principles related to the structure of the retina
- Cone and rod photoreceptor types
- Encoding of spatial information
- Encoding of color information
Examples for questions you should be able to answer:
- What is hierarchical coding?
- What is retinotopy?
- Labeled-line coding
- Hierarchical vs. parallel vs. horizontal processing
- Receptive field
- Local coding
- Coarse coding
Last update of this page: Oct 25, 2016