11 - Decision making - Jan 16, 2017
Topics addressed in the lecture:
- Features influencing decision making
- Different types of choose tasks
- ROC analysis as a measure of decoding capability
- Dependence of choice by target frequency, expected value, and stimulus timing
- Biased competition model of decision making
- Influencing decisions with neural stimulation
- Examples from neuro-economics
Examples for questions you should be able to answer:
- What is the difference between a perceptual discrimination task and a free-choice task?
- What do psychometric and neurometric performance curves describe? Which one is related to ROC analysis?
- Describe the neural activity in parietal cortex during a free-choice task? What does the neural activity represent?
- What is the difference between risk-neutral and risk-aversive behavior?
- perceptual discrimination and a free-choice behavior
- psychometric and neurometric performance
- choice bias by target frequency, reward, and timing
- biased competiton model for decision making
Last update of this page: Feb 15, 2017